30 Nov, 2012
How to access/view multiple Gmail accounts at the same time
The best thing about Gmail is that if you have more than one Gmail account, you can actually access any of your gmail accounts simultaneously without having to sign in and out of individual account.
- To that, go to a Google page (eg. http://www.google.com).
On the top right corner, click on the Sign in button and sign into your first account.
- After signing in, your email address will be shown at the top right corner of the Google or Gmail page. Click on your email adress, and a drop down appear.
At the bottom left of the drop down, click on the button called “Add account”
- You will be brought to another Google Sign In page. Sign in with another Gmail account there and you are now signed into 2 accounts.
- To access more Gmail accounts, repeat step 2 to 3.
- Access Gmail by clicking on Gmail at the “black” Google bar at the top of the page or go to http://www.gmail.com.
The Gmail you are seeing belongs the last account you sign in to. You can simply identify which account you are accessing to by looking at the Gmail account email address at the top right corner of the page.
- To switch between Gmail accounts simply click on the account email address. At the drop down, click on the Gmail account you want to access to.
- If you need keep one Gmail account open in cases such as, while you are composing an email with one account and you need to access another account’s gmail to read an email, you can open a new tab or new browser’s window and similar go to Gmail and select another account at the new tab/window. That way, you do not have to keep switching accounts and keep both Gmail’s accessible simple switching between tabs/windows or place them side by side.
Signing out at any gmail account will sign out all the accounts that have been signed in.
An important point about multiple sign-in
As not all Google products support multiple sign-in, check the top right of the page when you sign in or switch products to make sure you’re using the correct account. If you’re on a mobile device, check the bottom of the page. Learn more